This chapel was first mentioned in written sources in the list of possessions of the Split Archdiocese from 1397, but it held to have been built much earlier than the 14th century. Its features a rustic style, an unarticulated exterior and interior, barrel vault and semi-circular apse. During the reign of the Ottomans, the chapel was left to ruin, and was completely destroyed by lightning in 1752.
Two chapels in Podstrana are dedicated to St George, the patron saint of Poljica and a saint that is popular among many Christian peoples (both Slavic and non-Slavic), both of which are located on the mountain ridge. The church on Perunsko peak (441 m) was erected on the site of the pre-Christian shrine where the Old Slavic god Perun was worshipped, and which was part of a much older, prehistoric fort, the so-called ˝Duga gomila˝.
All of this indicates that the peak of Perunsko and the chapel of St George preserve a ritual continuity that dates back not only the Old Slavic era, but to an even earlier period, and that the pilgrimage and blessing of the fields held on St George’s Day on 23 April near this chapel could be an echo of sorts of these ancient cults.
Three paths marked with hiking marks and signs lead to the Church of St George and Perunsko peak: from Strožanac, from the direction of Gornja Podstrana and from Vilar on the northern side of the hill.